Wednesday 23 May 2012

Week 3 at Media drop...... Meet Cherelle

Hey, my name is Cherelle. I'm a 21 year old Singer from Manchester.

I started getting into music at the age of 8 when I joined a local soul choir. After performing at the Palace Theatre and the Trafford Centre amongst others, I realised that music was gonna be a massive part of my life. I took it solo from the age of 11 by performing on the school stage for charity. At the same time, I got involved with local rappers from church and often I wrote hooks to go with their songs. A few years ago, I joined the Zion centre soul choir and did a tour in Belgium for the Manchester council music festival. In the last year or so, i've taken a back seat and concentrated on other things such as my studies (I'm currently studying drama and creative writing at Chester university) but i felt as though I was missing something without having music in my life. I bought myself a keyboard and messed around with chords until I developed a few songs and put them on youtube. 

You can check one of my video's out here:

A few weeks ago I checked out the contact theatre website and noticed 'media drop' and thought 'I wanna check this out ya know'. So yea, that's how I got here. So far its been a great experience and it's been nice to have somebody to push me and try to get the very best out of my vocals. The group is very friendly and everyone made me feel very welcome and part of the family! Look out for my debut track with the "Media Drop collective"coming sooooooooon :)

I'm hoping through the media drop project i'll be able to develop and progress on from these videos and after recording my first song here I'm already really happy with the quality of the recordings.

Bye for now, see you all soon. x